Friday, August 21, 2009

Neil Duerden's Fairy Tales



Neil Duerden is a UK based graphic designer and illustrator who has many high profile clients in fashion and other advertising realms. His work is romantic and fanciful while very modern. Most likely you've seen some of it in a magazine or even on a billboard somewhere before. In the U.S., his work is perhaps most recognized in the Sony Ericsson campaign in print and motion commercials.

I discovered his interpretations of Little Red Riding Hood and Rapunzel and thought I'd share them here. Although intriguing in their own right, they are perhaps not his best work, mind you, but you must visit his website to see more at Neil Duerden. I fell in love with his butterfly ad for Vespa myself and found some other favorites of my own, so do explore and enjoy. You can also view much bigger versions of the images I've thumbnailed here. They are more beautiful when seen larger.

And here's a link to a short article I found: Neil Duerden: Attacking Ideas. And of course, for the most up-to-date information, visit his blog at Neil Duerden Blog.


And here's an extra I tagged that was more faerie than fairy tale, but still appropriate for this blog's venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment