Thursday, October 8, 2009

Catalogue for the Wonderland Exhibit


Last week I posted information and links about the Wonderland exhibit currently at the V&A.

At the time, the East London Printmakers website had a link to a PDF of the exhibit catalogue that wasn't working. I emailed them about it and received a timely response that passed through three women's hands quickly but got lost in my stacks for a few days. But here I am letting you know that they fixed it!

And it is lovely...

You can see it for yourself at Wonderland Catalogue. It is a massive PDF file with 76 pages of text and images, but if your computer can handle it, I recommend it. Just give it a little while to download and you should be fine.

After perusing this generous gift, I'm not so bummed that I'm stuck in Nashville instead of traveling this year.

I was tickled to see an interpretation of The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Gilman Perkins which I just included in the Rapunzel and Other Maiden in the Tower Tales From Around the World collection as a modern type of Rapunzel tale.

There are also interpretations ranging from The Girl Without Hands to The Ugly Duckling, some obvious and some delightfully less so.

Christine Ethier also shared a link to a BBC program about the exhibit that's been converted into a podcast here. Thanks, Christine!

My husband studied screenprinting in college and took a few classes before we were married. I find the process interesting and can't wait to share this with him...

No comments:

Post a Comment