Monday, January 4, 2010

Finger Puppet Fun: Clara Clips


I love finger puppets and have quite a collection from my librarian days. I have some fairy tale themed sets, but I recently discovered these new handmade designs by Clara Clips on Etsy and fell instantly in love.


I am very picky about handmade items--I love and cherish such items, but I want them to be well-made, too. I haven't seen these in person, but the photos are exquisite from design to execution. I am very impressed.


I also love this Goldilocks and the Three Bears set. Isn't Baby Bear great?


And, of course, there are Beauty and the Beast which I adore, but it is a much harder story to tell with finger puppets. Doesn't keep me from wanting to add these to my collection though... Still, I think the transformed prince is needed, too, don't you?


These sets probably work well on flannel boards, too, since they are made of felt. That makes them versatile and even more appealing for your favorite teacher or librarian or child.

I haven't 'met' Clara online since she has been shut down for the holidays, but her shop promises more fairy tale designs in the future. I can't wait to see what she creates next. If you explore her site, you will also see Christmas and Alice in Wonderland themed sets which are just as charming.

Her photography using the tale's text as a backdrop is also pretty wonderful. I love those thoughtful details.

(Disclosure: I am not affiliated with this seller. I just liked her stuff and wanted to share.)

2 comments: